A Website content writer or web content writer is a person who specializes in providing relevant content for websites. Every website has a specific target audience and requires the most relevant content to attract business. Content should contain keywords (specific business-related terms, which internet users might use in order to search for services or products) aimed towards improving a website's SEO. Generally, a website content writer who has got this knowledge of SEO is also referred to as an SEO Content Writer.
Most story pieces are centered on marketing products or services, though this is not always the case. Some websites are informational only and do not sell a product or service. These websites are often news sites or blogs. Informational sites educate the reader with complex information that is easy to understand and retain. There is a growing demand for skilled web content writing on the Internet. Quality content often translates into higher revenues for online businesses.
Website owners and managers depend on content writers to perform several major tasks:
- Develop, write content as per the business concept.
- Check for keywords or generate a keyword, and research limitations for the keywords.
- Create or copy edit to inform the reader, and to promote or sell the company, product, or service described in the website.
- Produce content to entice and engage visitors so they continue browsing the current website. The longer a visitor stays on a particular site, the greater the likelihood they will eventually become clients or customers.
- Produce content that is smart in its use of keywords, or is focused on search engine optimization (SEO). This means the text must contain relevant keywords and phrases that are most likely to be entered by users in web searches associated with the actual site for better search engine indexing and ranking.
- Create content that allows the site visitors to get the information they want quickly and efficiently. Efficient and focused web content gives readers access to information in a user-friendly manner.
- Create unique, useful, and compelling content on a topic primarily for the readers and not merely for the search engines.
- Website content writing aims for relevance and search-ability. Relevance means that the website text should be useful and beneficial to readers.
- Search-ability indicates usage of keywords to help search engines direct users to websites that meet their search criteria.